Looking For a House Extension Quotation In London
A rear, side return or a wraparound house extension are a popular way to add additional space and value to your property, especially in London, where our customers benefit from a generous gain on the initial house price after we finish all the works. Depending on the size and the space required, an average house extension can cost anywhere between £35,000 and £95,000 + VAT and above.
How Much Does a House extension Cost is one of the most asked questions.
- No two house extensions are alike, yet there are some processes and timescales that can be applied to almost every project.
- There are many factors involved in costing a house extension project, from the size of the project right down to the quality of the paint you use on the walls
- As every home extension in London completed by My Trusted Builder is individually tailored to each customer’s needs and vision, you would expect the price to be very different.
For a basic breakdown of average house extension or kitchen extension prices, follow these guidelines:
- Average price per square meter for a house extension ranges from £1,500.00 per m² for basic construction work, up to £3,500 per m² for high-spec materials.
- If you’re adding bi-fold doors, allow £1,400.00 to £3,000.00 per linear meter.
- As a rough guideline for a standard house extension, 55% of the budget will cover construction whilst the other 45% will cover the interior, not for luxury finishes.
- Small house extension, under 15 square meters, have higher costs per square meter.
What Can Cause unforeseen cost when building a house extension?
- Clay, peat, lots of nearby trees and sloping ground will all increase foundation costs.
- Reinforced concrete slabs
- Unstable house structure which may require underpinning
- Free estimate within 24 hours
- No-obligation quote & home assessment visit
- 5 years’ guarantee